EVENT - Sat., August 5th, 9am-12noon
Gethsemane’s biggest Outreach project of the year is now getting close. We’ve been planning with YMCA, Garden Springs teachers and PTA, and this year we even have special support from LFUCG ($500 toward purchasing more real backpacks). The event has games, inflatables, concessions, and even lunch –FREE to all students attending as well as their family members. It is a BIG event!
Bring family, friends – and, of course, yourself – to enjoy the fun!
Now we really need YOUR help:
School Supplies. Students will receive basic supplies from YMCA and corporate sponsors along with zippered backpacks (from GLC). This year instead of trying to give out dollar prizes, we’ll give students a few more items -- so the focus really is about getting ready for school!
· #2 pencils – packs of wooden pencils or mechanical pencils
· Spiral notebooks – wide-ruled (NO College Ruled)
· Composition books
· Erasers – for pencil tops or the big pink ones
· Notebook paper – loose wide-ruled (NO College Ruled)
· Folders – for 3-holed paper and plain or with pockets
· 2” binders
· Ball-point pens
· 24-Crayon boxes
· Non-permanent Ink Markers in boxes
· Small school scissors
· Backpacks – with at least two zippered pockets
(Collection boxes will be placed in the church narthex until July 30th.)
Volunteering your time –
· Setup on Saturday morning
· Monitoring a game or inflatables OR working on concessions
· Helping prepare/serve lunch - (free to all attendees/parents, and all volunteers)
· Taking down all items from the event
(Sign-up sheets will be available in the narthex area throughout the month.)
Thanks in advance for your help in making this event a success!
We had a great time packing boxes for Military Missions! Thanks to everyone who donated items for the the boxes and gave of their time today. And an extra special thank you to Steve Breitigan, our organizer and action team coordinator. You are awesome!
2185 Garden Springs Dr. Lexington, Ky. 40504 (859) 277-6096 email@example.com
If you have additional information you wish to be posted on this page please contact Candy Simms, Outreach Chairperson